Sunday, October 12, 2008

tagged



I was tagged

1. I have an intense and admittedly irrational fear of tap water. I cannot drink it if I see it coming out of a kitchen tap. this fear began when I saw an exhibit in an art gallery in SoHo that consisted of a large lidded fish tank and a sign that stated "on xx date (only a couple of weeks earlier), this tank was filled with new york city tap water, and nothing else". Inside the tank was all sorts of algae and actual creatures swimming. My fears were bolstered with the recent studies showing that tap water contains an entire apothecary of drugs that the water treatment plants are unable to remove when the water is processed. Intellectually I know that bottled water isn't much better, but on some level, it gives me a little bit of solace.
2. Jack Nicholson and I have one thing in common: we both sleep with our feet outside the sheets.
3. I am desperate to see Bill Maher's new movie. I love him. When I was young, I stayed up every night just so I could watch Politically Incorrect, and am still pissed that it's no longer on the air. Cannibal Women in the Avocado Jungle of Death is one of my favourite movies. Like I said, I love Bill Maher.
4. I always park near the cart return at the grocery store. I can't stand it when people leave their shopping carts around all willy-nilly.
5. I love geography and can identify almost every country in the world. I miss the show "Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego"
6. I have sung and danced onstage with George Clinton. And yes, he does have the funk.
7. I used to carry a dictionary, a copy of the constitution, and a copy of the poem "howl" everywhere I went.

I'm not going to specifically tag anyone else, but if you're reading this and you'd like to continue the meme, please do!

2 comments:

Julie said...

I think your fear of tap water is right on. We had the unfortunate experience of seeing some firemen open up a hydrant, and dig up dirt in front of our house. The hydrant water was directly connected to our household water. The water in LA now, smells so much like bleach, that it is noxious.

Number seven describes, so perfectly, why you are my hero.

Oh and Bill Maher for VP.

Cindy said...

Freak! Haha, JK. :) Mmmm, tap water. Hey, water is *supposed* to support life, geesh. At least it doesn't make waste for the land fills in the form of indestuctable plastic. Now off to re-read Howl, weeee!