Sunday, April 11, 2010

I'm Back

After a physically and emotionally exhausting three days of the White Privilege Conference, I'm home. It was a powerful, intense experience (the conference activities went from 8:30 am to 11 pm with no real breaks or time to "process"). I left feeling empowered, hopeful, and excited for next year (when the conference will be held in Minneapolis!)

I'm still thinking about lots of different things that came up for me over these past few days. One of the things that I've been working on is my own personal narrative of my experiences with privilege, power, and prejudice in a racialized world. I've been reflecting quite a bit on my life, and trying to connect the dots of the experiences I've had that have led me to hold my current worldview. It's been an interesting and illuminating process for me. There's a chance I'll post my story here, but mostly I'm doing this work to understand myself better.

I don't have the time right now to go into depth about the conference and the specific workshops I chose to attend. I am hopeful that I'll be able to do that in the next few days.

No comments: