We love singing and dancing around here. I used to teach preschool, so I've got a pretty solid repertoire of songs, and I also tend to turn most mundane tasks into songs as well.
I've had a few people ask me about our favourite songs. I had the idea of posting a "song of the week" video, but I fear that will have to wait until we are able to get a new computer (this one has all sorts of problems, thus the lack of pictures in my posts, and the lack of posts in general...)
So until we can get to work on the video project, here's a list of our favourite songs:
The Pie Song - Quincy Coleman (we sing this every night before bed, and every time the twins are upset about anything)
Far Away - Ingrid Michaelson
Little Liza Jane
Bringing Home a Baby Bumblebee
Itsy Bitsy Spider
Going on a Bear Hunt
Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
Little Green Frog
Little Red Caboose
Down by the Station
The Doughnut Song
May Ree Mack
Flee Fly Flo
Japanese Rain Song
Zousan
Barges
Down by the Bay
Herman the Caterpillar
B-I-N-G-O
Waltzing Matilda
Icky Sticky Bubblegum
Little Bird
The Circle Game - Joni Mitchell
Go To Sleep Little Baby (From the Oh Brother Where Art Thou Soundtrack)
ABC's
Little Arabella Miller
Six Little Ducks
Shoo Fly
Kookaburra
Bumpin' Up and Down in My Little Red Wagon
Wheels on the Bus
Sally the Camel
Ants Go Marching
No More Monkeys Jumpin' on the Bed!
On Top of Spaghetti
Teasing Mr. Crocodile
I've Been Working on the Railroad
She'll be Coming 'Round the Mountain
Bicycle Built for Two
Polly Wolly Doodle
Little Sally Walker
Ten in a Bed
Old Woman Who Swallowed a Fly
Green Grass Grew All Around
What are your favourite songs?
3 comments:
wow- I would kill for a CD/lyrics book of all of those. I think I only know about 5 of them! LOL! I guess I have some brushing up to do before baby comes home :)
Many of these plus Silent Night. We sing this at every bed time but Tsega will start to hum it before I get it out. :)
Itsy Bitsy Spider
Going on a Bear Hunt
Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
B-I-N-G-O but done as K H O B I (our dog) Guine (parents' dog) jenny (auntie's dog)
Go To Sleep Little Baby
ABC's
Wheels on the Bus
She'll be Coming 'Round the Mountain
Old Woman Who Swallowed a Fly
PLUS:
Delilah
The Boxer chorus
ALL wizard of Oz songs
ALL Cinderella (1965) songs
Skilamarinky-rinky-doo
Barney Song
A whole bunch of songs from Hi-5
Bob the Builder Theme
If you're happy and you know it
a whole slew of made up songs about her name, her bath, her body parts LOL
head and shoulders, knees and toes
you are my sunshine
a whole slew of Portuguese hymns
Baa Baa Black Sheep
Mary Had Little Lamb
Where is thumpkin?
Joy, Joy, Joy
Tell me somethin' Good chorus (yeah, disco, baby!)
puff the magic dragon
the bird dance song
doe, a dear
I love you forever
Glory, Gloria Hallelujia (Elvis)
Amen (Sidney Potier)
Bear in the Woods
and there are more but I am way too tired to keep going :)
Post a Comment