Sunday, October 18, 2009

Super Hooper

5 comments:

Christina said...

Well done I! Those are some mad skills :). On an unrelated topic, any suggestions for finding a good deal on the Marvel Play Kitchen? I've been watching like a hawk for about six months now, but so far, nothing.

jayme said...

hmmm.... this website has the best price I've seen.

http://www.heirloomwoodentoys.com/Marvel-All-In-One-Kitchen-Island-pr-18587.html

I want to say that we paid something like $275 inclusive of shipping 2 years ago. It was really their only Christmas gift for their first Christmas home, and was definitely the most expensive thing I've ever bought them, but it's absolutely proven itself worth every penny!

Be aware that it's a nightmare to put together (like most do it yourself wooden furniture can be). If you could find one already assembled on craigslist or ebay, I think that would be the way to go.

However, once it is assembled, it's absolutely fantastic, sturdy, and my kids use it every single day!

Good Luck!

Cindy said...

"Forver and ages!" (I think that's what I heard E say!)

OK, I'm getting one of these hoops today!

I thought about a play kitchen for the boys this Xmas (but more in the $100 range) . . . seems they're all a bee-acth to put together. I'm worried my rough and tumblers will knock it over all the time . . . is that possible with yours? Our library has this exact one and it's def the nicest I've seen (love that it's 2 sided). On the other hand, I'm just not sure it will get as much use in our house as I would hope . . . so I don't know!

jayme said...

yep, he did say "forever and ages".

Hula hooping has been a fantastic way to use up some of the twins' excess energy (especially since we've had so many rainy days this fall!)

The kitchen's never been knocked over, and I would imagine that would be pretty difficult to do -- it's really very stable. I don't know how well it would withstand a lot of climbing on and/or jumping off of, but that has been known to happen on rare occasions.

Mama Papaya said...

I am feeling wildly uncoordinated and inadequate right now. Holy hula'ing!