Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Twelve Books Of Christmas

I'm jumping on the bandwagon of this brilliant idea. For each of the twelve days leading up to Christmas, the twins will receive* a book, which we will read together as a family. For each book that E&I receive, we will also be making a donation to Ethiopia Reads, an organization who ensures that children in Ethiopia have access to books via a network of free libraries.

These are the 12 books we've chosen this year:


The Snowman

The Mysteries of Harris Burdick

Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good Very Bad Day

Children Just Like Me

The Beeman

Galimoto

Imagine

Andrew Henry's Meadow

Stellaluna

Dancing in the Wings

Mufaro's Beautiful Daughters

Twas The Night Before Christmas

*note: I'm not actually buying any books. These are all books I've collected over the years, many from book sales, thrift shops, garage sales, and fundraisers, and stockpiled for later use.

3 comments:

Mama Papaya said...

Brilliant on many a level. Making a mental note to start a gift book pile.

Christina said...

Yay! And I should probably blog about the fact that most of our books come from the Friends of the Library sale. You really can't beat library-bound hardcovers for 75 cents, particularly when they're only being discarded due to "excess". I didn't think to set aside a pile for the 12 Books, though, so this is a great idea. Thanks!

Cindy said...

I've had that Debbie Allen book on my Amazon wishlist for a year! Nearly bought that Night Before Xmas book the other day too but then decided to stop making hubby mad with all my mad spending. :) Really nice idea!